Golden Days has a full complement of licensed and certified medical staff to support your healthcare needs, as directed by your primary care physician. A nurse (RN or LPN) is onsite at all times of program operation and our Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) are always available to assist with personal care.
Our skilled medical staff provide compassionate, quality care Monday through Friday from 8-4. Access to our skilled nursing staff within the community help to keep individuals living at home and operating with optimum levels of independence.
Registered Nurse (RN) & Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Medication Administration
- Regular health assessments/monitoring
- Chronic disease management
- Breathing Treatments
- Glucose Monitoring/Diabetes care
- Wound care
- Breathing treatments
Certified Nurse’s Aide (CNA)
- Compassionate Personal Care
- Toileting and bathing assistance
- Support with eating and mobility
- Assistance with activities
Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- Case management/referrals
- Mental health assessments and support
- Behavioral interventions
- Coordination of community services
- Insurance communications
- Transportation Coordination
Physical/Occupational/Speech Therapy (PT/OT/Speech)
- Therapeutic services as ordered by your doctor can be received on site during program hours.
- Nutritional counseling, evaluation, & education
- Monthly weight evaluation
- Specialized diets & consistencies
- Medications are reviewed twice a year with best practice recommendations made to primary care physicians.
Stay in your community: People who can stay living in their homes heal faster and can maintain valuable social connections. Interacting with others outside the home mitigates the emotional and psychological effects of isolation, as well as provides opportunities for more mobility and access to goods and services. Engaging activities stimulate the mind, body, and spirit.
Positive outcomes for Golden Days members:
Increase Mobility/Decreased Falls
- Participate in regular exercise classes and maintenance rehabilitation
- Regular walks and outings
- Flat, wide, open walkways support adaptive devices (Canes, walkers, motorized chairs)
- Ambulation support from trained staff
- Coordinated door-to-door medical transportation
Memory Support/Secure Supervision
- Challenge your brain with stimulating activities
- Wander safely within the security of a supervised environment
- Family support for caregivers of those living with memory loss/dementia
- Stimulating activities encourage movement, wellness, positive thinking, and independence
- Cooking, gardening, creative arts, and games – maintain skills and learn something new
- Access to Bible study and Catholic mass each week during program
- Special religious programming to support spiritual wellness
- Access to prayer space, modified diets, and respectful space for cultural exchange
- Celebrate and learn about other cultures/religions
- Facilitated activities help “break the ice” when getting to know new people
- Meet other people living with similar challenges
- Make new friends, develop and maintain peer relationships
- Provide worry-free respite for caregivers
- Decreases negative health impact of isolation
Golden Days provide a stimulating schedule of daily activities that encourage wellness and independence.
Creative arts, physical exercise, parties, luncheons, and outings into the community offer every member the opportunity to engage.
Helping people cope and stay healthy
Kidney disease can be difficult to manage, especially if it is accompanied by high blood pressure and diabetes. Golden Days Adult Day Health Care helps our members remain independent while assisting them with their health care needs. Our professional staff assists members in maintaining health and improving quality of life.
The following services are provided to support Golden Days participants who have kidney disease:
- Nutritional counseling and assistance with fluid and diet management
- Hot meals that satisfy a renal diet
- Weekly blood pressure checks and vital signs
- Health education
- Coordination of customized care among dialysis center, physician, participant, family and other health care providers
- Diabetes management including regular monitoring of blood glucose levels, skin integrity, administering insulin or oral medications
Providing caring support and peace of mind
Families caring for a loved one living with dementia often need support, guidance, and respite. Our skilled staff offer individualized care to our members living with dementia, while helping families to navigate the changes their loved ones are experiencing.
The following services are provided to help individuals and families living with dementia:
- Secure environment allowing an individual to wander without compromising personal safety.
- Individualized care to address concerns and behaviors specific to each member’s needs.
- Sensory stimulation and memory enhancement activities.
- Family support and referrals to available services within the community.
Golden Days health care professionals understand the exhaustion and anxiety that accompanies being a caregiver for an individual with dementia. We work from a holistic space to help our members and their families manage the disease and enjoy life.
Helping to heal and prevent infection.
Golden Days’ healthcare professionals understand the intricacies of dealing with open wounds and pressure sores. Our qualified staff help members manage their wounds, promoting healing and preventing infection.
Golden Days provides the following services to assist individuals in managing their wounds.
- Infection prevention
- Monitor wound healing
- Administer treatments (such as dressing changes per physician orders)
- Proved nutritional counseling
- Coordinate customized care among physician, participant, families/caregivers, homecare and wound care centers
- Physical / Occupational Therapy consult as needed
- Assess for pressure relief
- Educate participants and families about wound care
Our licensed nursing staff works with your physician and wound care specialists to provide comprehensive treatment of wounds.
Helping you breathe easier
Our skilled nursing staff assists with managing respiratory illnesses whether chronic (COPD) or acute (bronchitis, upper respiratory infections and pneumonia). Participants who live with COPD struggle daily to breathe and although there is no cure it is a manageable and treatable disease.
The following services are provided to help people take control of their respiratory disease:
- Regular monitoring of respiratory status
- Assessing for respiratory distress by performing oximetry readings, respiratory rates and ausculating lung sounds
- Administer breathing treatments as ordered by physician
- Monitor oxygen therapy and oxygen use per MD order
- COPD and respiratory illness education
- Coordination of customized care among physician, participant and families
- Nutritional counseling provided by our registered dietitian.
- Daily exercise program
Golden Days health care professionals understand the anxiety that accompanies chronic and acute respiratory disease. We help our participants manage the disease and enjoy life.
Managing the disease, not just the symptoms
Participants who live with diabetes are of special concern to us at Golden Days. Our skilled staff focuses on incorporating diabetes management into our patients’ daily routines.
The following services are provided to support participants in taking control of diabetes for an enriched life:
- Regular monitoring of each patient’s blood glucose level.
- Administering of insulin or hypoglycemic medications, as per each patient’s physician order
- Diabetes education
- Coordination of customized care among physician, participant, and families
- Foot care and skin assessments
- Nutritional counseling provided by our registered dietitian
- Meals adapted to individual dietary requirements
Golden Days health care professionals understand the intricacies of dealing with diabetes. We help our participants to manage the disease and enjoy life.
Every member gets an opportunity to engage.
Golden Days provides a stimulating schedule of daily activities that encourage wellness and independence. Creative arts, physical exercise, parties and luncheons, and weekly outings into the community offer every member the opportunity to engage.